AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our ad is for our website: gavinandbeth.com  We would like to adopt a newborn infant here in the United States.  I chose a number of keywords and also chose negative keywords.  I keep getting clicks by people who are searching for pet adoption.  OK, I know this seems funny to most people, even to myself at times, but I have to fix this, we are serious about newborn adoption.  Help!

Also, when I try to view the information for who clicked on my page using yesterdays date, I get the following message: 

There are no statistics for the selected date range. Please select a different date range.

Does this mean that I have to wait for the information for that day, or will the informatin never be available?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can avoid these visits by introducing negative keywords - if you have: puppy, kitten, pet, dog, cat, etc as negative keywords then your ads will not  be triggered when the search terms include these words - this is the best starting point for this problem.

I ran a campaign a couple of years ago for an adoption placement agency, and they were getting exactly the same - we managed to eliminate almost all of this traffic through the use of negative keywords....

Re: What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Any idea why I can't get any statistics?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem... and, yes, you'll simply have to wait for some data to build before you'll be able to see the keyword reports....