AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our ad is for our website: gavinandbeth.com  We would like to adopt a newborn infant here in the United States.  I chose a number of keywords and also chose negative keywords.  I keep getting clicks by people who are searching for pet adoption.  OK, I know this seems funny to most people, even to myself at times, but I have to fix this, we are serious about newborn adoption.  Help!

Also, when I try to view the information for who clicked on my page using yesterdays date, I get the following message: 

There are no statistics for the selected date range. Please select a different date range.

Does this mean that I have to wait for the information for that day, or will the informatin never be available?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can avoid these visits by introducing negative keywords - if you have: puppy, kitten, pet, dog, cat, etc as negative keywords then your ads will not  be triggered when the search terms include these words - this is the best starting point for this problem.

I ran a campaign a couple of years ago for an adoption placement agency, and they were getting exactly the same - we managed to eliminate almost all of this traffic through the use of negative keywords....

Re: What did I do wrong? My as is for infant adoptions. I'm getting clicks on pet adoption.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Any idea why I can't get any statistics?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem... and, yes, you'll simply have to wait for some data to build before you'll be able to see the keyword reports....