Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What bid strategy is applied to my mobile bid in enhanced campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am currently using flexible bidding for my desktop campaigns.

I have just activated my mobile traffic in enhanced form (changed mobile bid adjustment from -100% to -10% & created mobile preferred ads). I am not receiving any traffic and I think it is due to my flexible bidding strategy since I don't have any conversions yet for my mobile traffic . Has my mobile traffic adopted the flexible bidding strategy of my desktop campaign? How can I get the mobile traffic up and running?

Thanks,

Ran

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What bid strategy is applied to my mobile bid in enhanced campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ran,

Can you clarify more on your account structure here? Are you running a dedicated Mobile campaign or you just increased the Bids for Mobile devices within the single campaign?

Also have you created Mobile preferred ad copies or not?

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ran,

If you have just made changes to your Mobile Bid Adjustments then I would suggest you wait for sometime and check if you still are not recording any traffic on Mobile. Plus, you just activated the Mobile bit of your campaigns, taking into consideration that there is generally heavy competition on Mobile devices, your bids could be low or not up to the mark to start receiving impressions.

Could you also check if you have any form of automated rules active on the campaigns and other than that do a quick check if there are is any scheduling done. It could very well be that scheduling is restricting your ads from appear on Mobile.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
I increased the bids for mobile (no dedicated mobile campaign) and created mobile preferred ads. Any idea why i am not receiving any traffic?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,
There is a chance that my bids are too low so I will try to increase them now. Nevertheless, I would have expected to receive more impressions than I have received in the past 24 hours given the fact that I am receiving desktop clicks at my regular pace. I don't have any automated rules or special scheduling on this campaign at the moment. Could the reason for lack of traffic be that ad rotation is set to "optimize for conversions" and not "rotate indefinitely"?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Ran,

Ideally it should not matter what your Ad Rotation settings you are using but it is not a bad idea to test if changing it to Rotate Evenly helps you start recording stats. Once you have enough data, you can probably shift back to Optimize for Conversions.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shashank.
I'll give that a try.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Ran,

A side note apart from what you are doing, you might also think about creating Call only campaign (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en), where your ads will be shown only on the devices that are capable of making a phone call. Doing this would increase the possibility of phone calls for your website's service which you are promoting.

Pankaj