AdWords Express
2K members online now
2K members online now
Make the most out of your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

What are the "goals" of older AdWords Express ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new "goals" did not exist for ads created awhile ago. Now there are required "goals" of "call clicks", "website clicks", or "map clicks" for any ad.

What are the older ads using as their "goal"? Is there a way to edit a goal after it has been set? If not, why not?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you are correct that goals are a focus of an AdWords Express ad. You can read about them here. And you can edit your ads with this information. When you edit them, you can change any associated settings of them.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That doesn't answer any of my questions.  Maybe you misread my questions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @JasonSamfield,

Sorry for that. 

When new features are added, it generally takes some time for any previous features or actions to be phased out. With this in mind, previous ads use the settings when they were created (generally speaking, a blend of all the goals). Any new ads use the new settings (a targeted goal action). Features like this are altered once Google sees enough feedback requesting the need of the change. Adding goals is possibly from the want by users of AdWords Express do designate a precise goal action, instead of the wide open use (show ads in search, on maps, promote calls, etc.) of before.

Aside from that, I cannot commit on why a feature is the way it is. You can copy your ad's contents and create new ads that will trigger the goals feature. 

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

James