AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What are the possible reasons why my ad scheduling is ineffective?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

I analyzed the performance trend of my campaign in 1.5 month period and I identified specific times of day and days of the week when Im getting the most impressions and clicks, so I set my ad schedule based on these data e.g +20% for best performing days/time and -10% on less performing days/time.

Im running this ad schedule for four days now but Im dissappointed with the results. My impr and clicks are cut in half.

ad schedule.JPG

I checked the time zone and it's correct. 

Is this normal?

What could possibly be the reason why this happens?

Could this be due to my consistent meeting the ad budget? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gio V
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Reducing bids by 10% could mean they go from having a high enough bid to show, to not. 

And for the +20%, that will result in less clicks for the same money. Impressions should stay the same unless your budget is limited.

But why did you adjust bids for times that have more impressions/clicks? It is quite normal for there to be variances throughout the day, but there's no need to adjust bids.

If certain times have a higher CTR, or lower ad position, or lower cost per conversion - these are more valid reasons for bid adjustments.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gio V
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Reducing bids by 10% could mean they go from having a high enough bid to show, to not. 

And for the +20%, that will result in less clicks for the same money. Impressions should stay the same unless your budget is limited.

But why did you adjust bids for times that have more impressions/clicks? It is quite normal for there to be variances throughout the day, but there's no need to adjust bids.

If certain times have a higher CTR, or lower ad position, or lower cost per conversion - these are more valid reasons for bid adjustments.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Gio

According to Rob - the key to optimize isn't get more impressions or clicks but conversions.

In your case less impressions and clicks without loosing conversions means good move