AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What are the most effective ways to prevent disqualified leads from filling out landing page forms?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I suppose this is a mostly from off-AdWords strategies. I am using the appropriate negative keywords and so forth. 

The types of fake / disqualified leads that I'm mostly talking about are:

- Competitors fishing for more information

- People putting in fake information / jibberish in the form fields

Any insights would be much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What are the most effective ways to prevent disqualified leads from filling out landing page for

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Ben;
Have you tested CAPTCHA? That would reduce some of that, though not entirely...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What are the most effective ways to prevent disqualified leads from filling out landing page for

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
I haven't, but I'll try it out. That would stop outright bots but
especially since that's a small number I think it's more individuals and
individual companies trying to get the gates content without putting in
factual information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd try to identify some kind of pattern in the competitors IP and exclude it from the traffic. However if they know how to change it this might be difficult.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Ben, some forms like Jotform have a banning mechanism that looks to just IP, and/or IP + Previous submission. I use the latter a lot.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Doesn't seem to be from specific IPs.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Thanks. From what I can tell there aren't issues coming from specific IP addresses or ranges.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
FYI I'm also trying to reduce actual spam by adding a hidden field. Spam bots will fill it out but humans will not. That said, I'm still of the mind that this isn't happening in an automated way but is more competitors fishing for information, potential vendors trying to contact the company, etc. We'll see!