AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What are the best ways to manage a manual CPC bidding campaign that involves over 45k keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the best practices to utilize MCPC?

I am in a very, very, very ULTRA competitive field with almost no margins of failure (Cost per conversion can't go over .60c, and clicks are worth around .15c to .45c+). Meanwhile, we have about 45k keywords. Currently I'm using CPA, which is working, but I need to find ways to expand because we need about 10x the traffic we're gaining right now.

What are the best practices for scripts & rules to manage a beast like this - and even more, how to expand??

Search impression share is about 30%; so I need to conquer the ad rank. Quality scores are 7/10+. Budget is unlimited as long as I stay in the CPA of .60c and under.

Thank You AdWords gurus!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What are the best ways to manage a manual CPC bidding campaign that involves over 45k keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kaspars,

This is common situation - the client is happy with CPA, and would like more conversions. In most cases, if the account is well managed, the cheapest CPA is already being achieved. Additional conversions usually come at a higher CPA.

With such a low search impression share, I presume you have low ad positions?

How much effort has been put into ad copy and on-site? Sometimes these are easier paths to a lower CPA...

What are the best ways to manage a manual CPC bidding campaign that involves over 45k keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobSkelton

We actually are sharing the 2-5 position across the board, or not getting any impressions at all. CTRs are good too (1% up to 30% on some non-brand keywords). 

That's the crazy part - results are what we want to see, but we are getting around 22% IS. 

I enabled enhanced CPC instead of CPA strategy 2 days ago - currently we dropped the cost per conversion, but our clicks have slashed in half. 

Tough situation - but it will work out. Might have to tap into the GDN more to get some traction!

Thank you for revising and responding to my message!