AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What are some strategies for obtaining more inbound leads from my AdWords campaigns?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking to expand the reach of my software development outsourcing company. I have three campaign groups that have been running for a while with limited results. My best campaign group of keywords seems to get a lot of impressions, about 3,600 and usually shows up in 3rd position, but the CTR seems very low at 0.80%. My worst campaign gets 0 clicks and 4 impressions total, so basically nothing. Any ideas on how to improve my selection of keywords are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alejandro V
November 2016

What are some strategies for obtaining more inbound leads from my AdWords campaigns?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

CTR of 0.80% isn't necessarily bad.  In some vertical markets CTRs are lower. 

Ad copy needs to be relevant, as in containing or closely aligned with your keywords.  You have to have the right keywords for your market too, of course - that falls into the topic of keyword research.  Ideally, Ads need to contain a compelling value proposition, a call to action, and if possible some kind of evidence of "social proof" without engaging in unsubstantiated claims. 

The way to get more clicks is to try different ad copy. Introduce a second ad with different copy, and set the ad rotation to display the two ads evenly.  After each have a couple hundred impressions, pick a winner and repeat. 

Are you using the new expanded text ad format?  They tend to work better if properly written and deployed.