AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - I am hoping someone can help with thisSmiley Happy

I have so many keywords that have low quality scores? They all pertain to the product and they have a relevance to our landing page. I am having a really hard time finding keywords for the product, that actually have a decent quality score, and I often get the message “Rarely shown due to low quality score”  

The ads created are relevant to the keywords + the landing page is also relevant to the keywords, so I do not understand why it can be classified as a below average landing experience.  Any tips on what I can do for this?

Thanks! Sarah Jane

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah Jane, you don't mention the most important element of Quality Score - CTR.  CTR (Click-Through-Rate) is by far the most important component of Quality Score and if your scores are poor it's the first thing you should look at.

What sort of CTRs are you seeing for your Ads?  What's the best, what's the worst?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

Just a little addition to what Jon said above, there is a possibility that the historical performance of these keywords might not be so good in the eyes of Google i.e. the advertisers might have used those keywords quite badly leading to a low or poor quality score factor in your case as well. 

But as Jon said, CTR is a crucial factor and you should ensure a good CTR for your keywords. You should review the keyword matching options and try to include more restrictive match types to have relevant traffic and which can thus help in increasing the CTR for your keywords.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
IN addition to what everyone else has asked, what are your average positions? Are many of these keywords not appearing on the first page due to low CPCs?
Ryan.