AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What Result Occur when update the Adcopies?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Need to change destination urls for Adcopy what effect will occur on my campaign? Kindly share your views and suggestions.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What Result Occur when update the Adcopies?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pushpendra, any edit to an Ad - either the text or the Display or Destination URLs effectively deletes the old Ad and creates a new one.  So, the effect on your Account would be just that - it's the same as creating a new Ad and deleting another.  The existing Ad will now be marked as "Deleted" and the new Ad will need to go through the approval process.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pushpendra
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow with Jon, the affect will be visible only when you do the transition i.e. change the destination URL.

As Jon said, editing an ad simply means creating a fresh new ad copy, which doesn't have any history attached to it. So, it will gradually build up the authority and other metrics like a new ad copy.

Best would be pause the existing ad copy and launch a new one with new destination URL, so that you can retain the history by keeping old copy and trying a new one. In this case, if your new ad copy doesn't perform well, you can simply pause it and switch to the old ad copy (with old destination URL) in near future if you want.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

To add to the very good advice already received , I would assist with the following suggestion :

There is a type of edit you can do which does not delete the old Ads. That is put first a label to the old Ads . Select them and put the label "Old Ads Set 1".

Then select them again and use the option "Duplicate..." as in the print-screen below. This way when you set a new destination URL a new set of Ads is created and the old ads remain enabled.

create-new-ads-without-delete.png

Now you need to select all ads with the label "Old Ads Set 1" and to pause them.

In case you don't like how things evolve with the Ads with the new destination URL you can simply switch back to the old ads by pausing or deleting the "new ads"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pushpendra, any edit to an Ad - either the text or the Display or Destination URLs effectively deletes the old Ad and creates a new one.  So, the effect on your Account would be just that - it's the same as creating a new Ad and deleting another.  The existing Ad will now be marked as "Deleted" and the new Ad will need to go through the approval process.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Cobnut for sharing your views, I am afraid for my Ad relevancy and keywords quality score as I need to change my all ad for a campaign.

Because when I Update destination urls Adcopy will work just like a fresh copy.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow with Jon, the affect will be visible only when you do the transition i.e. change the destination URL.

As Jon said, editing an ad simply means creating a fresh new ad copy, which doesn't have any history attached to it. So, it will gradually build up the authority and other metrics like a new ad copy.

Best would be pause the existing ad copy and launch a new one with new destination URL, so that you can retain the history by keeping old copy and trying a new one. In this case, if your new ad copy doesn't perform well, you can simply pause it and switch to the old ad copy (with old destination URL) in near future if you want.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Pankaj,

As I said earlier I need to change destination url for my all adcopy which I am currently running and want to re run with new destination urls.
Means Adcopy will be the same with updated destination urls.

So according to you and Cobnut I should be copy paste all previous adcopy and paused it, after that change urls for all and make it live?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

To add to the very good advice already received , I would assist with the following suggestion :

There is a type of edit you can do which does not delete the old Ads. That is put first a label to the old Ads . Select them and put the label "Old Ads Set 1".

Then select them again and use the option "Duplicate..." as in the print-screen below. This way when you set a new destination URL a new set of Ads is created and the old ads remain enabled.

create-new-ads-without-delete.png

Now you need to select all ads with the label "Old Ads Set 1" and to pause them.

In case you don't like how things evolve with the Ads with the new destination URL you can simply switch back to the old ads by pausing or deleting the "new ads"