AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What MCC Level Rules Do You Use / Would Recommend?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Started managing an agencies MCC account. Wondering what mcc level rules you guys use and or would recomend? 

So far I've created a rule to pause any keywords that are rarely shown due to low quality score. Reasoning being I would do this on any account.

Would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks. 

- Rob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What MCC Level Rules Do You Use / Would Recommend?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rob, to be honest I don't use MCC level Rules (or Scripts) as yet as my Accounts really are two different from each other for there to be any obvious rule that could apply exactly to all of them.  I have Account level Rules that are very similar, but they differ in their conditions so couldn't be applied at the MCC level.  I also make a lot of use of Labels in my Rules and, at the moment, it appears that MCC level rules can't condition on Labels.  MCC level rules also require that you choose a single currency, whereas I have multiple different currencies in my managed Accounts.

The idea of pausing Keywords with a low Quality Score is a good example, but I'm not sure it's a rule I'd want to apply.  If I have Keywords with a poor Quality Score, I want to know why it's poor, and then work to fix it.  On the assumption that the Keyword was added for a valid reason - most likely because it seems like a good choice for the Group - then if it has a poor Quality Score that's a problem to fix in the Group, not a reason to pause it.  I tend to examine Keywords manually when looking at Quality Score issues because their score is often related to structure (e.g. poorly focused Group, poorly matched Ads, etc.) and it's difficult to "automate" that examination process.

I'm much more interested in Scripts at the MCC level since they have a much greater scope (including labels) so I can imagine pausing/enabling seasonally labelled Campaigns (for example Mother's Day) globally.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: What MCC Level Rules Do You Use / Would Recommend?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Robert,

I so far have the following rules setup:

1. Email whenever an active campaign status is Suspended or Limited (checked daily)

2. Email whenever an active campaign has had 0 converted clicks over the last seven days (checked weekly)

3. Email whenever an active campaign has had 0 converted clicks over the last 30 days (checked monthly)

4. Email whenever the status of an Enabled Ad is changed from Active to Under Review or Disapproved (checked daily)

These are the three main ones I'm trying out at the moment. Hope this helps!