AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What Are The Criteria for Local Search Ad Display? Google Maps Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've set up location extensions and campaign bid by location settings.  Yet the display of my local search ads in Google Maps search results is extremely inconsistent.  Has anyone done any trial-and-error research to get some more clear insight into what matters most as far as criteria for determining if your ad appears or not.  It appears very few advertisers are doing this (yet) because I very rarely see any other businesses with location search ads on Google Maps results in fairly competitive niches. 

Essentially the question is, what can I do to make the ad appear more frequently (in order of important)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jeff, 

What do you mean by extremely inconsistent? Do you get any impressions on google maps & google more places( desktop & mobile) or not? Have you listed your business under google my business? Have you linked it to your adwords account?  

To improve the frequency you can use ad scheduling option(to schedule day/time) under 'All features' in settings tab and adjust your ad scheduling bid accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Inconsistent means sometimes the ad shows and sometimes it doesn't.  It wouldn't show at all if I had not set it up properly.

I have an extremely high max bid.  It gets me in the top 2 spots on the regular search ads for most all my keywords.  None of my competitors though are using local search ads, so I am the only advertiser for the geographic area and the keywords.  Yet my doesn't show for all keywords within the campaign, only some, and not all the time.  I never see any other ad from any other advertiser.  It appears there are other criteria at play than simply bid and quality score.