AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Weird error for Display placement

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been expanding my content network campaigns and I noticed on one site had zero impressions so I hovered over to find out why and I received this error "You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria.". I have been managing campaigns for years and have never seen this does anyone have any idea what this means?

Thank you in advance for all your help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Weird error for Display placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lawyer,

The Display Network (formerly known as Content Network) recently underwent important changes. The error message you quoted is typically displayed if you have selected "Show ads only on pages that match all selected targeting methods" on the Settings page of the campaign and have specified both placements and keywords. Such selections may lead to scenarios where none of the websites specified as placements are able to comply with both requirements hence your ad can't accrue impresions at all.

You could switch to "Show ads on pages that match the broadest targeting method" under Settings or specify much more managed placements that you wish to attack.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lawyer,

The Display Network (formerly known as Content Network) recently underwent important changes. The error message you quoted is typically displayed if you have selected "Show ads only on pages that match all selected targeting methods" on the Settings page of the campaign and have specified both placements and keywords. Such selections may lead to scenarios where none of the websites specified as placements are able to comply with both requirements hence your ad can't accrue impresions at all.

You could switch to "Show ads on pages that match the broadest targeting method" under Settings or specify much more managed placements that you wish to attack.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you I see where the missing peice was!

Have a great weekend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

I have the same problem now although I can't find the mentioned part under settings, "Show ads on pages that match the broadest targeting method".

Could you be more specific about where to change this setting? 

Thank you!