AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Wedding Planner in Italy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm doing this campaing for a customer of mine.

He's represent a Wedding Planner Agency based in Italy. He wants to attract foreign leads to overcome the crisis that afflicts our country.

I structured a campaign with these characteristics:
> Language: english
> Country: everywhere
> 8 groups with dozen of words each created using my strategy (for details see my other post: Would you help me improve my overall strategy?)
> Landing page: see the screenshot at the end of this post (I want to collect as many emails as possible so I don't share many details on LP - the user have to fill the form in order to download a brochure)

The result are not encouraging: 180$ in one month, very low CTR (from 0.8% to 1.5% average) 8 conversions (from Nigeria, Cameroon, India, Pakistan, UK) for a cost of about 20$ / Conversion (it seems high if compared with my others campaing).

My concerns - the questions I want to ask you - are:

1. Should I have to geo-locate my campaign?
  2. If yes, what criteria should I use? From what countries/cities should I start?
  3. My landing page is appropriate?

Thank you very much for every suggestion!

PS: I don't see the image (I've tried PNG and JPG - do you see it?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wedding Planner in Italy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there; A nice question;

Before we get into technicalities the strategy has to be set correctly; Smiley Surprised
Adwords is a very targeted advertising platform. Thus,  targeting "elsewhere" is not the Adwords recommended strategy.

1. The owner has to decide what markets / countries, he wants to target
  2. Then set a dedicated campaign with a dedicated tailor landing page to that country / market  with content in the language  spoken (and written by a native speaker - not using translate)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm pretty sure you have not evaluated my situation carefully.

In detail:

Before we get into technicalities the strategy has to be set correctly; Smiley Surprised

Adwords is a very targeted advertising platform. Thus,  targeting "elsewhere" is not the Adwords recommended strategy.

1. The owner has to decide what markets / countries, he wants to target

Sure (have you seen my strategy on the link attached?). The problem is that potentially every foreigner could be a potential customer. We have choose those who speak English because my client can speak this language.

Can you suggest me a criteria to focus my campaign in a specific country / city?

2. Then set a dedicated campaign with a dedicated tailor landing page to that country / market  with content in the language  spoken (and written by a native speaker - not using translate)

What do you think about my landing page? Isn't is tailored?

Do you think the contents are not right? I've used a -well payed- translation agency in order to not make mistakes!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I am late to reply, since  I am away, but I disagree;

Quote:

>>"The problem is that potentially every foreigner could be a potential customer. We have choose those who speak English because my client can speak this language"

"English speakers"  is a too broad audience to target.  You should decide which market you'd like to focus on,  and built a tailored landing page for this market.

Note,  that though English is the most widely spoken language; not everyone speaks the same English. Furthermore, there are also differences in culture - this should be addressed in the landing page. In other words: UK English is not the same as Australian English and definitely not close to US English:  Tradition also plays a role. A wedding  ceremony in the UK  has different elements (based on the local tradition) then the one held in the USA.

I have not seen your landing page. Please share a link; and I will have a look. (Though might take some time)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’