Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Wedding Planner in Italy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm doing this campaing for a customer of mine.

He's represent a Wedding Planner Agency based in Italy. He wants to attract foreign leads to overcome the crisis that afflicts our country.

I structured a campaign with these characteristics:
> Language: english
> Country: everywhere
> 8 groups with dozen of words each created using my strategy (for details see my other post: Would you help me improve my overall strategy?)
> Landing page: see the screenshot at the end of this post (I want to collect as many emails as possible so I don't share many details on LP - the user have to fill the form in order to download a brochure)

The result are not encouraging: 180$ in one month, very low CTR (from 0.8% to 1.5% average) 8 conversions (from Nigeria, Cameroon, India, Pakistan, UK) for a cost of about 20$ / Conversion (it seems high if compared with my others campaing).

My concerns - the questions I want to ask you - are:

1. Should I have to geo-locate my campaign?
  2. If yes, what criteria should I use? From what countries/cities should I start?
  3. My landing page is appropriate?

Thank you very much for every suggestion!

PS: I don't see the image (I've tried PNG and JPG - do you see it?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wedding Planner in Italy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there; A nice question;

Before we get into technicalities the strategy has to be set correctly; Smiley Surprised
Adwords is a very targeted advertising platform. Thus,  targeting "elsewhere" is not the Adwords recommended strategy.

1. The owner has to decide what markets / countries, he wants to target
  2. Then set a dedicated campaign with a dedicated tailor landing page to that country / market  with content in the language  spoken (and written by a native speaker - not using translate)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm pretty sure you have not evaluated my situation carefully.

In detail:

Before we get into technicalities the strategy has to be set correctly; Smiley Surprised

Adwords is a very targeted advertising platform. Thus,  targeting "elsewhere" is not the Adwords recommended strategy.

1. The owner has to decide what markets / countries, he wants to target

Sure (have you seen my strategy on the link attached?). The problem is that potentially every foreigner could be a potential customer. We have choose those who speak English because my client can speak this language.

Can you suggest me a criteria to focus my campaign in a specific country / city?

2. Then set a dedicated campaign with a dedicated tailor landing page to that country / market  with content in the language  spoken (and written by a native speaker - not using translate)

What do you think about my landing page? Isn't is tailored?

Do you think the contents are not right? I've used a -well payed- translation agency in order to not make mistakes!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I am late to reply, since  I am away, but I disagree;

Quote:

>>"The problem is that potentially every foreigner could be a potential customer. We have choose those who speak English because my client can speak this language"

"English speakers"  is a too broad audience to target.  You should decide which market you'd like to focus on,  and built a tailored landing page for this market.

Note,  that though English is the most widely spoken language; not everyone speaks the same English. Furthermore, there are also differences in culture - this should be addressed in the landing page. In other words: UK English is not the same as Australian English and definitely not close to US English:  Tradition also plays a role. A wedding  ceremony in the UK  has different elements (based on the local tradition) then the one held in the USA.

I have not seen your landing page. Please share a link; and I will have a look. (Though might take some time)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’