AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Website Optimizer Transition to Analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am using Website Optimizer (currently in AdWords) for a few clients. My questions is: Will these tests/experiments be transfered to the Analytics dashboard when the switch happens, or we will lose all data?

Thanks,

BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BlueIon
September 2015

Re: Website Optimizer Transition to Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Blueon,

In the help center it says: "Google Website Optimizer is now integrated with Google Analytics as Content Experiments. Find it in the Content section of your Analytics Standard Reports. Learn more" 

I've checked and I can see my "old" GWO tests in the Analytics now - so I guess that the info has just moved (integrated) and we wont lose any data.

Cheers,

Asaf

P.S. The only thing that you should update - is your  GWO code if you generated it before 12/2010 since it has some security issues (without any connection to the latest transition).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BlueIon
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Blueon,

In the help center it says: "Google Website Optimizer is now integrated with Google Analytics as Content Experiments. Find it in the Content section of your Analytics Standard Reports. Learn more" 

I've checked and I can see my "old" GWO tests in the Analytics now - so I guess that the info has just moved (integrated) and we wont lose any data.

Cheers,

Asaf

P.S. The only thing that you should update - is your  GWO code if you generated it before 12/2010 since it has some security issues (without any connection to the latest transition).

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I see the section in Analytics, just haven't seen my data appear yet. Will wait awhile longer.

Thanks,

BI