AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Web Hosting Change and Plummeting Ad Results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We just changed webhosting two weeks ago. I paused adwords for a few days because of site problems. When I reinstated the ads with the new landing pages our ads were not showing for several days but are beginning to come back up. Our ads have always had an average position of 4 or higher and conversion rates of 7% to 14%. Any thoughts on how to get these going again or does it just take time? I have raised the budget 30% and raised our max CPC 20%. 

Re: Web Hosting Change and Plummeting Ad Results

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi PennyH,

If you make any changes to an ad it resets it's history and it will take a bit of time for these to build their own history up.

If your conversion rates have dropped it may be because the new landing pages aren't performing as well as your old pages but maybe give it a bit more time before you change it back so at least you have given it some time to get meaningful data.

Another thing that can alter things is that you paused for a few days. This can cause other advertiser to alter their bids and the auction landscape changes so when you come back on it's not exactly as it was when you were active.

I'd say give it a bit of time then re-evaluate it.

Re: Web Hosting Change and Plummeting Ad Results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I will do that.