1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

We just offer services; Best strategy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a small local repair Power Sports business.  We don't need to advertise except for in an area or vicinity say within 100 miles of us.  No merchandise to sell just need our Ads to show when people are searching for pwc, jet ski, motorcycle, or atv "repairs".  What is best "network" to us in that instance?  Should I focus more for Google and its partnered sites?  I don't feel that "youtube" and other sites would benefit us because we just need them to know we are "near" them should they need our services.  I hope that makes sense.  80% of our calls come from mobile phones.  Please help. So much to learn!!

Thank you,

Susan Lucarelli

Re: We just offer services; Best strategy?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Susan

I would consider doing a search network only with Google and its search partners selected. I would then create an adgroup for each type of vehicle you work on. I would start out each very tight with broad match modifier and use words that signal service intent. Service, repair, repairman, fix, mechanic, etc.

While I agree with your assessment on regular display, I think you should absolutely take advantage of remarketing. It lets you serve banner ads and/or video ads to only the people who have visited your website. You can cross target with your location so that only people who have been to your site AND that are in your area see the ad. Once the remarketing list builds up a bit, it will then generate a "similar list." This potentially allows you to serve ads to people in your area who have visited competitor websites, but not yours. The idea here is that it helps your brand stay on the prospects mind during the decision making process.