AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

WANT MORE IMPRESSIONS AND LESS CLICKS FOR MY AD!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a tiny finger printing business in south California. I can only cater to within 30 miles radius from the city I live in. as you can see people looking for fingerprinting are not likely to be as interested in the website as in the phone number which tells them where they can reach a fingerprinting guy. I am saying all this because my CPC is $ 1.69 and I DON’T want clicks-- I want phone calls! How can I design my Google adwords ad in such a way that there are hundreds of impressions but FEW  clicks! So that I may pay less and yet get business! pls advise ( I for one am planning to put my cell # in bold on the three line ad). Anything else I can do guys? 

Re: WANT MORE IMPRESSIONS AND LESS CLICKS FOR MY AD!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That's not really the way Adwords works I'm afraid. You want clicks since the more you get, the more impressions you'll receive as your ads grow in relevancy. 

The key is to make your campaign as efficient as possible. Identify your best keywords and pause the rest. Be sure to create phrase and exact match versions of those keywords so their clicks come in at a lower bid. Use negative keywords to eliminate searches that aren't leading to clicks, particularly branded or other keywords that bring people to your site organically - those people will find you any way.

It's important to set up conversions for your account as well. Maybe when they click a "contact us" button to get the phone number on your site it registers the conversion. That'll truly help you determine which keywords are worth bidding on, and ultimately whether Adwords is even worth using for your business.

There's no way to work the system so that you're getting impressions for no cost. But if you're willing to work at it and find what works for your business you might find a good balance that brings in more than you're spending. 

Edit: also wanted to say that if you really want to include your phone number be sure to utilize ad extensions (site links and call extensions)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If you really mean no clicks to website and only phone calls, it is possible to set up a campaign that only shows ads on mobile phones and which at a click  makes the phone call the number in the ad (or at least launching the call appliation), not sending any visitors to a website.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Rajesh,

i want to add some point, there is some type of bidding option in adwords CPM, CPC or CPA.

1)CPM is for those business, who want a brand awareness or want that customer know about their product and services,  ( purpose is only awareness not sale). CPM allow you to pay for  thousand impression (means you will pay when your ads display thousand times) but CPM is available in Display Network only not in Search network. So i suggest you to make a display campaign for it, will may help your purpose.

If you want to go for search network, CPC is good and as you said you want to pay less so you can focus to increase your QS and lower down your ad postion by decreasing you bid but remember one thing that if your ad position is in top position(1-3 postion) then you go for  it and  lower your ad position down to make it upto 4. which help you to pay less and visitor able to see your ad.

2) As you said that you want to cater your customer within 30 miles of radius , adwords gives you an option called geographic targetting in setting tab through which you can select the target audiance range. And you can use location extention into your ad , through location extensions you can  attract your customers who are interested in businesses in your area.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404180

3) If you want that you customer call you, you can use your business phone number and you can add it into ad extension option will help you.

for detail follow this link

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2459326

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375499

i hope this will help you

thanks