Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

View through conversion and Conversion Per click

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I got 5 conversion per click and 22 view through conversions in last 14 days (See the attached Snap shot). As per the Quoted description given below for "View through conversions" My conversions setting is on "Disabled" this means that whenever a conversion happens it will be recorded in both the metrics i.e Con/click and VTC. So, if i have understood correctly my 5 conversions are included in 22 conversions and the difference of 17 ( 22 - 5) conversions happened from direct or by organic links after they were exposed to my Adwords ads.

Capture.PNG

What i explained above is that right..?? Is this how it is..?? Am i on the right path...?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Use the de-duplication setting to select how you count conversions. 

Why it matters: Before some conversions occur, a person has seen an image or rich media ad on the Display Network and they've clicked on a Search ad. 
How it works: When this setting is enabled, these conversions are counted only as Click-through conversions. When it's disabled, these conversions are counted as a View-through conversions and Click-through conversions."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frank

Re: View through conversion and Conversion Per click

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Franklin,

Yes, that’s right.

The difference of 17 ( 22 - 5) conversions happened from direct or by organic links after they were exposed to your Adwords ads.

As the setting is set to “Disabled”, one single conversion is counted as one click conversion AND view through conversion.

This is how setting works-

• Disabled: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search campaign ad, we'll count one view-through conversion and one click conversion.
  • Enable: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search ad, we'll count only the last conversion type (the click conversion, for example).

Please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en for more details.

Hope this helps!

SJ