AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Video Advertising term query

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Please help me understand --> Display Ad Mouseover & does it make changes to impressions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Priti M
September 2015

Re: Video Advertising Exam

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
When a customer places their cursor over your ad without clicking it, this is called display ad mouseover.

The major benefit of measuring such thing is this can help highlight ads that may keep customers’ attention without clicking them, so your job is to try to create better CTA to entice customer to click your ad.

Does this Help?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Video Advertising term query

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It counts a pause of the cursor over the image ad for at least 1 second. 

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2009/03/rich-media-and-video-templates-in.html

"Track interactions: Like with all our display ad templates, you'll automatically see a reporting column,"Mouseover rate," which shows the percentage of impressions where a user moused over your ad for one or more consecutive seconds."

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Please, Read the Following Community Guideline:
No cheating!

Please don’t post exam questions from the Google Certified Partners program or ask other users to answer these questions for you - that’s cheating! It’s also against our Terms of Service and may result in your not being able to take the Google Certified Partner exams in the future. Please also do not post questions from external companies’ AdWords exam programs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ahmed Ali,

There is some misunderstanding here, this is not a exam question. Its just a term which i need to know for my exam preparation.

I haven't given Video Advertising exam & so i don't know which types of questions can be asked. Please assist me understanding the Display Ad Mouseover term.

Thanks in Advance !!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
When a customer places their cursor over your ad without clicking it, this is called display ad mouseover.

The major benefit of measuring such thing is this can help highlight ads that may keep customers’ attention without clicking them, so your job is to try to create better CTA to entice customer to click your ad.

Does this Help?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It counts a pause of the cursor over the image ad for at least 1 second. 

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2009/03/rich-media-and-video-templates-in.html

"Track interactions: Like with all our display ad templates, you'll automatically see a reporting column,"Mouseover rate," which shows the percentage of impressions where a user moused over your ad for one or more consecutive seconds."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian Smiley Happy