AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Very low GDN impressions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

One of my clients wants a Display campaign for several product categories. I've set it up and after 2 days I see an extremely small impression volume. With national targeting, I see only 800 impr./day, avg. pos. 1...  The client ran a campaign last year that had about 1 million impressions/day.

My current setup is 14 ad groups, 1-3 keywords /ad group (+ topics and audiences as bid only).

I'm wondering what I could improve to increase the number of impressions in my current campaign, or perhaps what am I doing wrong...
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Very low GDN impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mihai S;

Try to expand the number of keywords to about 10-15 in each adgroup;

It sounds to me that the combination of 3 targeting methods you are using (KWs + topics + audiences) is too narrow. 

I would also consider removing audiences and focus on KWs and topics;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
From what I understand, if my topics + audiences targeting methods are 'bid only', then they do not act as a constraint on the ad group targeting, only when they are set as 'target and bid'. Is this correct?

If so, then it's all left to adding more keywords? Because my bids are OK.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm.. Yep. You are correct;

I would also consider raising the bid

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

--
Mihai Sosa

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Mihai

I would target topics, keywords, interests and placements to drive more impressions.

You don't need to increase bids if you add more targeting methods as well as building out campaigns for male and female to see which gender performs best.

Hope this helps