AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Very Low Quality Score For Call Only Campaigns

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Has anyone else had this issue? I am seeing quality scores of 1 or 2 in call only campaigns where the exact same keywords in an ordinary search campaign are 6 and above. Same landing page. 

This is making it impossible for this client to succeed with call only because the CPC's are just too high. 

What is going on here? Is it the fact that CTR is lower because of the call only ads? If so then this makes no sense for this campaign type and quality score needs to be reassessed for call only ads. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Very Low Quality Score For Call Only Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Abbie,

I have seen the same... but I have also seen high CTR with call only. 

We generally view call only as an enhancement campaign. Meaning we run it along with search and display. We then take a lot of time to dial in the keywords, etc..

Even after all of this, we will have some accounts that will never drink the budget provided for call only. We believe some industries are better suited for call only and some industries will not gain much from it. I think this makes sense seeing how the product works (only being shown for phone calls) in comparison to clicks to websites. People often want to "surf and discover" versus speaking to someone on the phone. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,

James