3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Variants not triggering my AD on Broad Match Modifier :(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Variants not triggering my AD on Broad Match Modifier. Previously I use to get, but not now Smiley Sad

Hi Friends / Experts,

I used BMM and was happy that I was getting good impressions, but suddenly my ads is not being triggered on keyword variants. Any Idea?

Eg : Take this :  +Red +Color +Shoe

According to BMM my ad should trigger  on :

Red colors Shoe

Red color shoes

But It is not. It only show on Red Color Shoe

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Variants not triggering my AD on Broad Match Modifier :(

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jitendra
You are correct, your ads should be triggered for close variants like red colours shoes. However, the quality rules still apply. Can you check the quality score of your BMM keyword?

When you run the ad preview and diagnostics tool, what does it say?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis, what you need let me know, I will give u information so as you can help me in diagnosing my issue.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
When you run the ad preview and diagnostics tool on your keyword and variation, what reason does it give you for the variation not showing?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?vid=1-635790559879307225-78615056

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The message is :

Your ad isn't showing for this keyword right now. There are a number of reasons why this happens.
Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Jitendra
Please see this article on the location matching options: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en&vid=1-635791779096694369-117009669

It sounds like this is down to a targeting issue with the locations and location type that you've selected. Without knowing your search term, I can't give any additional information.