3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Using 'compare' or 'comparison' keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been unsure as to whether I should be targeting keywords that include 'compare' or 'comparison' for a particular company I am working on.

Their price point is very competitive, however they don't have a comparison breakdown/calculator/table or similar on their site, but their own pricing is very clear.

The CPC is very high so instead of testing these keywords at a high cost, I wondered if anyone else had experience in this area and have tested them. Would you suggest using them or not?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using 'compare' or 'comparison' keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

These 2 keywords are going to be tested as negative keywords or adgroup main keywords?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Main adgroup keywords in theory

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
P.S just to clarify, the 'compare' or 'comparison' keywords would be used combined with other words. So for example one keyword could be 'car insurance comparison' or 'compare car insurance quotes' (it's not actually car insurance I'm targeting, but just using that as an example)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
These two keywords are "close variants": Compare car insurance" and "comparison of car insurance " are close variants.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree, but that doesn't answer the question. I want to know whether I should be using any form of 'compare' keyword at all, given that the site isn't comparing anything, however comparatively they are very competitive. 

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Agreed with Moshe,
'comparison' is stemming of 'compare'(which comes under close variants).
If CPC bid is the issue then analyse both the keywords in terms of avg monthly searches and CPC bid then go with the one which suits you best.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I must not be explaining myself correctly. I want to know if anyone has used keywords such as 'compare' within their own keywords, even when the website they are directing traffic to isn't a comparison website. If they have tried using these kinds of keywords, how did they find the performance?

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Though these keywords will work but you will loose the quality score(in terms of user experience and relevancy) as you will not be offering the same thing on the landing page.

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok thanks. So you haven't tried using these kind of keywords before? I specifically would like to know if people have found them to convert even if they are not directing traffic to a comparison website