Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Using More Than One Bidding Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm wondering if using two separate bidding strategies on a campaign at the same time could cause any issues. 

I have one bidding strategy that optimises towards conversions and I want to I overlay a second bidding strategy (an AdWords script) to change the mobile bid modifier at different times of the day.

Would there be a conflict between the two strategies working side by side? My initial thought is as the fact that one focuses on the CPC and the other looks at the mobile modifier there wouldn't be an overlap.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Using More Than One Bidding Strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,

It would actually depend upon whether some overlapping happening across both the bidding strategies. If yes, then there could be, if not, then it shouldn't be. You need to analyse both the bidding strategies one by one and find out the situations where this could happen. I am not sure which conversion flexible bidding you are using.

Re: Using More Than One Bidding Strategy

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Adding a side note here,

"For Conversion Optimizer(target CPA), the only mobile bid adjustment that can be used is a 100% decrease."

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’