Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Using Languages setting in search campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hey,

I open a campaign in Australia targeting Indian people in Australia only. To do so, I setup the campaign language to Hindi language only.

The campaign isn't moving, did I do something wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomer N
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tomer, 

You can go to Keyword Planner and once you do your initial search you can see in the top left-hand corner the ability to select languages. 

I suggest you select Hindi and plug in your keywords to see what kind of possible traffic you can expect (if any at all). 

Also, just to clarify, when you say the campaign isn't moving - are you receiving impressions or none at all? 

Let me know if this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomer N
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tomer, 

You can go to Keyword Planner and once you do your initial search you can see in the top left-hand corner the ability to select languages. 

I suggest you select Hindi and plug in your keywords to see what kind of possible traffic you can expect (if any at all). 

Also, just to clarify, when you say the campaign isn't moving - are you receiving impressions or none at all? 

Let me know if this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Joshua R,

Thanks for your replay. 

I get 0 impressions and I wonder are there no Indians in Australia?

My keywords and ads are in english, but i want to target only Indians so this is why i use the language only on hindu

Re: Using Languages setting in search campaign

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Joshua, Rising Star

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i just did it and it show no results. king of weird cause there many Indians in Australia. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The language targeting targets people based on their language setting of their Google interface.

With that in mind the reason why you do not have impressions might be that Hindi people mostly use English language interface for Google.

Have you thought about targeting English and using keywords in Hindi? Check it in the Google Keyword Planner first.

Regards,

Hana

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Hana,

Yes i thought about it, but I want indians who search in English.

thanks for the replay. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Tomer N,

Setting the language to Hindi will not be ideal for what you are trying to achieve. The number of Indians in Australia who might have their language set as Hindi would be almost none. After all, they are living in an English speaking country which itself is enough to assume that they know English well enough. In such a scenario, expecting them to be using Hindi as the language setup for search will not be ideal. 

You should find something that's a good enough differentiator. For instance, their search behaviour will usually be a bit different from the natives, the terms they use to make searches, the aspects of a product/service that influence their buying behaviour will a bit different from the natives. Yes, it would not easier, but analysing it closely will help you move in the right direction. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.