AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Use of Search query report

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All, 

I have noticed in my search query reports that a term is showing oftern and is currently not a keyword I am bidding on.

Is it possible to know how many conversions I actually got with that serach term?  

I am afriad this is something only a Google employee could pull from their tools.

Or is there a way for me to do it that is not downloading ALL the SQR for ALL my campaigns and looking for that term...

thanks a lot!

f.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Re: Use of Search query report

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @floriana

To view Converted Clicks in the SQR, you'll need to add that column to the display.  Go to your SQR screen, then click on the "Columns" button in the middle menu bar, directly beneath the "Keywords" tab.  Click "Customise Columns" then choose the "Conversions" section and pick out what you want to add (probably "Converted Clicks" but you may want to add others and re-order the display by dragging the headings around in the area to the right).

To filter what search terms are displayed, click on the "Filter" button (it's right to the left of the "Columns" button") and "Create Filter".  You'll probably want to choose "Search Term" as the filter and "contains" then enter one or more words you're looking for, then click "Apply".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You can do that too. Just select conversions from the column and you will be able see the number of conversions over the period of time.

Siva.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting…Can you re-formulate, please?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
After clicking on search terms->There will columns->Select it->Then Choose Conversions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Is this is what you are referring to?

ss.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is the report I am talking about.
So my question is: How do I know how many conversions occurred on a specific term which I am not yet bidding on?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You can filter to sort out that particular search term here. For ex if you want to lookout for a term "time table" you can apply a filter here. A filter for this would be search term contains time table.

Thanks,
Siva.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Let me know if you need any other help!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @floriana

To view Converted Clicks in the SQR, you'll need to add that column to the display.  Go to your SQR screen, then click on the "Columns" button in the middle menu bar, directly beneath the "Keywords" tab.  Click "Customise Columns" then choose the "Conversions" section and pick out what you want to add (probably "Converted Clicks" but you may want to add others and re-order the display by dragging the headings around in the area to the right).

To filter what search terms are displayed, click on the "Filter" button (it's right to the left of the "Columns" button") and "Create Filter".  You'll probably want to choose "Search Term" as the filter and "contains" then enter one or more words you're looking for, then click "Apply".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great help Jon!
Didn't know that "search term" was a choice on the filter menu.
Thanks a lot!
f.