AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Upload offline conversions tracking.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone, 

Today I read an articles about upload conversion tracking to adwords refer by this post at Search Engine Journal , So this post they said about how to implement an offline conversion through adwords platform then our account will be optimize according to the data. And what I am understand that we must using "Auto Tagging" to track the value of conversions. 

But my website using "UTM Tracking code" to indentified the value of conversion because we need to make sure that the customer actually come to our landing pages, So if we need to implement an offline conversion for our accounts within UTM tracking, What should we implement?. Because in that articles they must be talking about an "auto tagging"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upload offline conversions tracking.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Apiwat,

Good question.

Auto-tagging in Google AdWords is a feature which ads a unique identifier, called a GCLID (Google Click ID), to your url each time an ad is clicked. This GCLID is a utm parameter.

You can add additional utm parameters to your ads, on top of the auto-tagging. See more information here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

You can then customize code on your website to capture whatever utm parameters you want to pass into your CRM.

I use offline conversion tracking for many clients and have found it to be very effective.

I hope that helps!

John