1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
favorite_border

Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

Level 2
Level 2

Hi All, Google recently announced some upcoming changes to exact and phrase match behavior. I realize it's something you can opt in or out of (thankfully) but I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet. I'm also curious if it will apply to exact and phrase match negatives as well. Anybody have any insight? 

-Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

You're not alone with your thoughts.  Lots of folks are inquisitive as to how this will eventually look. 

Interesting question about negatives.  I would say that they're probably not going to have any bearing on negative KWs as negatives are already treated slightly different, but I cannot confirm this. 

For more reading and thoughts, there was an initial discussion about this yesterday and another non-related discussion that turned into a related discussion.

Cheers!

-Tom

Highlighted

Re: Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

Level 11

I've never been a big fan of some of the google automation tools. I like to have the hands-on feel.

We usually cover mis-spelling etc. with modified broad match, which already includes mis-spelling etc.

I feel like Google is trying to squeeze more revenue out of me with this feature.

Experts in the Topic
PPCBossman