3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Unusual keywords in SQR

N/A
# 1
N/A

I see excessively long keyword strings with over 500 impressions a day on some of my BMM terms. E.g. "toys games tv film character toys film disney characters other film disney characters new" on the keyword +toys. Also similar instances of strings with high impressions including odd phrases like &amp and a random plus sign in the middle of the string.

Does anyone know what the source of these queries are? I've had no luck with Google.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unusual keywords in SQR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The ones with the ampersand are most likely interest groups. I'm not sure about the ones with a plus sign. Those characters are usual stripped from search queries.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

N/A
# 3
N/A

Thanks Pete. They do tally with categories on shopping sites though still unsure as to why they should be triggered as many times as they are.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Those long strings are usually the page titles or page description of search partner sites. They don't trigger just on BMM but phrase and exact matches too. You can find which sites they may be by doing a search of the string in quotes. You can then decide if you should make that site (pipl in this particular case) a negative target or even target it with different ads and using the string as a keyword. My own preference is to opt out of the partners and target them separately when I find they could be relevant.

N/A
# 5
N/A
Thanks very much. That makes sense.