Guide Me
star_border

Unique Content

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If I have say a paragraph, which is same on all my landing pages, will it be treated a plagiarised content and will it effect my quality score.

Regards

Shray

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unique Content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shray,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

The technique which you are referring here is often termed as Mirroring, which is not allowed on Adwords.

Adwords has framed a policy for this and you can read more about it here.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Shray,

I'm reading your query slightly different than Pankaj is and if I'm not mistaken and based on my experience, this practice could be quite common.

Here is what I'm interpreting:

You have a set of dedicated landing pages, solely used for advertising purposes that are not part of your general website. On these pages, you have a general message that is uniform and perhaps a separate advertising 'message' or 'offer' that coincides with your specific campaigns.

I do not see any problem if this is your strategy and from what I have experienced, it will not have a negative effect on your Quality Score, which is to say the QS will be calculated as it normally would be.

Hope this helps!

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Shray, 

Good question there and some great ideas from Pankaj and Tom.

In terms of Mirroring, we would talk about mirroring more in terms of having multiple copies of the same website across different servers or domains. 

As long as there is more content on the landing page that is relevant and useful beyond the copied paragraph, your landing page quality may not be affected too badly.

Having as much original content on your landing pages as possible is going to help the campaigns, though be aware that it may affect your quality score. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alys,

I recently created five landing pages for a back link strategy, not for use with PPC.

The landings pages CORE CONTENT are all the same because our business has to legally list the same information when talking about our services. However, the content at the top of the page which speaks to who the info is targeted to (doctors, dentists, clinics) is different, which is about three sentences per landing page.

These pages are currently hidden on our website because only companies that have a unique link can access them. If I decide to push these landing pages live on our website, will we be penalized for mirrored content? Or will this actually help our keyword ranking?

Or is it better to keep these landing pages hidden and add pages to the site where the targeted information is listed instead?

While I have you--> we are re-working our website currently and making our site have less content with more keywords and information that cuts to the chase of our services. Will the reduction in content affect us?

On that note, we have started to link more throughout our site and have people in our industry link to ours and visa versa, will this help us better or stay consistent in our google rankings where reducing our content might affect our standing? We are only linking quality content and with very credible resources in our industry.

Thanks!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi there, 

There are a lot of different issues there! 

I think my advice here would be, try to have the best content you can, and have as much high quality content as you can manage. Also, I would avoid any kind of mirroring as much as possible, and if you think that some of your pages have mirrored elements, these should not be promoted on AdWords. 

In terms of some users not being able to access certain landing pages, I would not advise promoting these as it will give a bad user experience if people cannot access them, and would instead promote high quality content that everyone can access. 

Hope that helps!

A. 

Unique Content

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Jon R,

This is not mirrored content, it is content that appears on more than one page on your site. Duplicate content penalty does not apply to pages within the same domain. Publishing the pages on your website, as in linking to the pages from your main site, should have no or little impact on your keyword ranking.

It's hard to say whether reducing the amount of text on a page will affect the landing page experience score, and even harder to say whether it would affect your conversion rates.

As for backlinks, this article might help: http://hyper6.com/blog/get-free-backlinks-website-without-violating-googles-guidelines/

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords