Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Uneffective campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a campaign and I am in many ways modelling one of my friends campaign because we sell the same kind of products. we both have around the same amount of keywords/searchwords (almost 600) but I only get 500 views a day and he gets several thousands. How can this be when our ads are using pretty much the same words ?

thanks

Niels

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Uneffective campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Niels,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

shredder wrote:

Hi

I have a campaign and I am in many ways modelling one of my friends campaign because we sell the same kind of products. we both have around the same amount of keywords/searchwords (almost 600) but I only get 500 views a day and he gets several thousands. How can this be when our ads are using pretty much the same words ?

thanks

Niels

First of all I hope that you and your friend are not violating the Double Serving Policy by promoting same business using 2 different Adwords accounts because it is strictly prohibited. See this policy.

If above is not true, there could be many reasons behind less traffic for you. Few includes low budget, ad scheduling, target regions, low quality score, low ad rank etc....You need to first identify what exactly are you missing in your campaign optimization and then work in the right direction to improve traffic.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot. Well since we are both selling the same type of product and have the same budget I still think its strange.I believe that the keywords match perfectly what is in the add and what people get on my site. So its very weird I think

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

shredder wrote:

Thanks a lot. Well since we are both selling the same type of product and have the same budget I still think its strange.I believe that the keywords match perfectly what is in the add and what people get on my site. So its very weird I think

How about the Quality Score of your keywords? What is the CTR and are you using any ad scheduling? 

As I said in my prior post also, there could be still many reasons behind low traffic. You have to actually identify them and work accordingly.

I would again repeat that I hope you are not violating Double Serving Policy. It's a very sensitive issue and Adwords is very-2 strict in implementing this policy.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By score do you mean GNS pos ? its in general something like 4,4. Maybe I experessed myself in a wrong way,I try to learn from people who are having success doing the same business as I do. I am trying to grow my business with everyone else with adwords and I am not a criminal if thats what you are implying

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

shredder wrote:

By score do you mean GNS pos ? its in general something like 4,4. Maybe I experessed myself in a wrong way,I try to learn from people who are having success doing the same business as I do. I am trying to grow my business with everyone else with adwords and I am not a criminal if thats what you are implying

I was referring to the Quality Score metric. When you hover mouse over the speech bubble of one keyword's status, you will see a numeric number from 1 to 10, assigned to your keyword. If it's less than 5, then you need to work hard to improve it.

See this article for more details on what Quality Score is.

I referred to Double Serving Policy as a caution because many times it happens that advertisers are not aware of this policy and get involve in it unintentionally and when Google caught them, it's a really bad situation for them.

I believe you are new to Adwords and I would surely recommend you to go through the Users article section of this community and also read the articles in this beginner's section.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes they are mostly on 3. Thanks for the info, I will see what to do to fix it