1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Unavailable - Display only remarketing message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have setup different remarketing lists. All lists are for display network. However the one of them which is with a rule people who visited these pages but did not visit that page (Didn't purchase) I have the message "Unavailable - Display only" message in the column instead of the numbers of the "remarketed" people as in the other 2 lists which are general just people who visited certain pages.

My question is, did I do something wrong or that's how it supposed to be? How do i know if all is good? How do I know if the visitors are being added to the remarketing lists?

Another question shall I install the remarketing code in ALL pages of my website or just in the home page is sufficient? 

Thank you for your support Smiley Happy

Re: Unavailable - Display only remarketing message

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michi K,

Firstly the remarketing list needs to be on EVERY page of your website. So that should answer your last question.

Now with regards to the first question, a remarketing list that says "Unavailable - Display only" is a similar audiences list, and the reason that they say this is because that list is only available on the display network and not on the search network.

If a list is not being populated then the list size will be "--", and remember that there is a list size for both search and display.

Learn more about remarketing lists here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Learn about the tag here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688

Learn about similar audiences here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2676774?hl=en

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want it for the display network only. Can I edit it or should I create new one? How can I start seeing how many people are being added like the other lists

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michi,

The list that says this will be saying this under the search column. This list should still have a number of users available for the display network.

If you are still unsure could you perhaps show us a screenshot of your audience list where you are seeing this so that I can better talk you through what you are seeing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure, there u go;

Campaign Management – Google AdWords 2015-01-22 19-16-17.jpg

Thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I assume you are talking about the second list,

Here you can see that this list is not available with search but only display (as discussed previously). Now you obviously want to use this list but the display column is showing you "--".

This tells you that the list has not populated yet to a sufficient level to be used, you need 100 active users on the list before you can start using it.

My guess is that your rule is too restrictive. There are not enough users that fit the criteria you have set out. From the description you chose of the rule it would seem that you have used the AND criteria. This has been done for a reason I am assuming but it would seem that it has restricted the viable users for this list too severely.

I would consider loosening up the rule somewhat or finding another way to target those users.

Perhaps you could create a list for each category of user you want and then target them in conjunction, or target a broad list and exclude another list of the users you do not want.

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michi K
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton, I get it now. Thank you for your helpful answers. It is a little restrictive rule you are right but the other lists arent and I will use them while this one builds. I was a little concerned because I thought the the word unavailable is somehow connected to Display network but after you explained it came clear to me that unavailable is there are not enough people to show a number AND is for the display network only.

Thank you again