1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Improve Ad Relevancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work in a very specialized B2B industry that deals with product recall management for businesses. There are some keywords that we consider to be priority, including terms like "recall help". To that end, I created a very specific campaign, with an ad group designated for each keyword we consider important (approximately fifteen).  I use broad match modifiers (+recall + help) iIn order to cut out a lot of the consumer traffic and created very specific ads (3 per group) that include the keyword(s) in the ad, as well as the display URL, but my ad relevance is still always "below average" (the CTR for +recall +help is 2.82% and given the consumer traffic that accompanies recall terms, I think that is decent). Any thoughts as to why my ad relevance is considered "below average"?

I've read most of what Google has to provide on the topic, but it's always amounts to "be more relevant with your ad copy".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Unable to Improve Ad Relevancy

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Along with broad modifier match, I'll suggest you to use the keywords in phrase and exact match also. In order to improve ad relevancy, your ad copy should describe the keywords of your ad group and keywords of your ad group should be highly themed. You need to check how closely your ad copies reflects your keywords. Also try to write 3-4 more ad texts for your ad group and test which ads are working better for you, don't stick to 2-3 ads only. TC Pete had given good tips to improve the ad relevancy in below threads

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps if you view keyword details you can identify terms that are causing the higher CTR and a greater degree of relevance and focus on those instead?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Along with broad modifier match, I'll suggest you to use the keywords in phrase and exact match also. In order to improve ad relevancy, your ad copy should describe the keywords of your ad group and keywords of your ad group should be highly themed. You need to check how closely your ad copies reflects your keywords. Also try to write 3-4 more ad texts for your ad group and test which ads are working better for you, don't stick to 2-3 ads only. TC Pete had given good tips to improve the ad relevancy in below threads

Dinesh
My Blog

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Great advice from Dinesh.
I´d also run a search term report and add negative keywords based on that.