AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

US Adwords Shared Library (Negative placement list)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Shared Library when I set a negative placement list I am not able to add some URLs such as the following link in brackets (www.collective-evolution.com/2014/10/18/doctor-suggests-that-marijuana-can-protect-you-from-ebola/)

Do you guys know of any solution to this? And are there any limits for URLs in negative placement list?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: US Adwords Shared Library (Negative placement list)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Are you getting any error message while adding that link as negative placement? If yes, can you share that with us here?

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sheikh,

The only placement exclusion limit that I know of is multi-level subdomains. I do not see that issue here. But have you tried just excluding www.collective-evolution.com? RO do you want to still show up on the site just not that particular page?

For more information you can refer to the follwoing URL:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

That will tell you all about what placements can and can't be excluded.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone else knows specifically why that URL can not be excluded (maybe length of URL? although I have never heard of that before)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These entries could not be added due to the following reasons:
Placement URLs must be provided in a valid URL format.
www.collective-evolution.com/2014/10/18/doctor-suggests-that-marijuana-can-protect-you-from-ebola/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton

Yea, You are right I don't want to exclude the main domain only the sub-domain

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Sheikh T,

Looks to me like you want to exclude just this one page, not a sub-domain.

I went to my account and tried to add this as an exclusion, and I get the same error. This looks like a WordPress site. You should be able to do this.

I'm going to escalate this thread. The documentation says you should be able to do this. The UI is not allowing any folder names for this domain, but it does for other domains. It could have something to do with the way the site is setup.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Pete,

You have my vote for the escalation as well. Does this mean you are going to involve someone from Google? It sounds a good idea.

Secondly, this is not a one off incident I have a number of such sites (pages) which have the same error. DO keep me posted if you get any reply from Google
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tony M (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hey Sheikh,

Thanks for your question and post.

As we discussed in our e-mail:

You can only add/exclude URLs that are two-level deep.

As the URL you want to exclude is more than two levels deep, it is showing this error.

Check the formatting placement exclusions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

Thanks,

Tony