3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why am I having trouble with my destination urls? They work on some of my ads, but not others

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: URLs

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi 1958, 

A couple of common problems that can crop up with URLs is that you need to have the top level domain matching between the Display URL and the Destination URL and only 1 Display URL in each ad group. 

For example: 

A display URL of www.adwordsforum.com with a destination URL of www.adwordsforum.com/new would be ok, but a display URL of www.adwordsforum.com with a destination URL of www.forum.com would not be ok, because the top level domain (ie - adwordsforum.com) does not match between the Display and Destination URL. 

Please also bear in mind that there can only be 1 Display URL in each ad group. If you have more than one Display URL in an ad group the ads for this second URL can be disapproved. 

I hope this helps. 

A. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 1958,

Welcome to the community!

Are you getting any error messages that you can share with us?  Often, not that it applies to you, but often it can be as simple as a typo or copy/paste error but if you can share some more info, we may be able to help you identify the problem.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi 1958,

Like Tom said, any error messages that you see? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Mini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi 1958, 

A couple of common problems that can crop up with URLs is that you need to have the top level domain matching between the Display URL and the Destination URL and only 1 Display URL in each ad group. 

For example: 

A display URL of www.adwordsforum.com with a destination URL of www.adwordsforum.com/new would be ok, but a display URL of www.adwordsforum.com with a destination URL of www.forum.com would not be ok, because the top level domain (ie - adwordsforum.com) does not match between the Display and Destination URL. 

Please also bear in mind that there can only be 1 Display URL in each ad group. If you have more than one Display URL in an ad group the ads for this second URL can be disapproved. 

I hope this helps. 

A.