AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Two websites in same Adwords account with same services?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know if it is okay to have two different websites in one adwords account promoting the same services and keywords? The company is same and wish to have two websites- one for individuals & the other one for businesses.

Kindly guide.

Thanks in advance!  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Two websites in same Adwords account with same services?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bhavya,

To add onto what Archit said above, if you try to replicate similar keyword across different campaigns, only one ad per keyword per account will be eligible for the ad auction based on the ad rank.

So it is not suggested to use duplicate keywords across the account. Rather use unique keywords with relevant landing pages for best user experience.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bhavya,

It is highly recommended to use both in the same account. If you will have separate adwords account then may get suspended due to policy violation (double serving) as the same company is same with same services and keywords.

Reference: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Can-I-advertise-multiple-domain...

Exceptions: If the geographic targets are different then it might not considered as double serving.

Further I would like to suggest, if your target audience is different (B2C and B2B) then you must opt different keywords as keywords and ads targeting to direct customers, will not yield the best performance if the same used for businesses.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bhavya,

To add onto what Archit said above, if you try to replicate similar keyword across different campaigns, only one ad per keyword per account will be eligible for the ad auction based on the ad rank.

So it is not suggested to use duplicate keywords across the account. Rather use unique keywords with relevant landing pages for best user experience.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Adding on the the other replies.

As Pankaj Mentions about only one Keyword will win the auction.

One option if you wanted to use the same sets of keywords for both domains, would be to use either the Geo Targeting Options, or Ad scheduling to modify the campaigns so they would not either be running at the same time or Location A goes to Domain A, Location B goes to Domain B.

But if it probably best to work with a different set of keyword per domain until you figure out the best ROI's, what converts etc and then you can attempt to segment and differentiate between both sets of domains.