AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Two different campaigns with same keywords but different location country and Its city

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a service which can be searched with the same keywords, but i have two different locations (Country and City).

Ex: UK and London

Campaign 1 - Targeted Location: UK (Keyword: Honda City)

Campaign 2 - Targeted Location: London (Keyword: Honda City)

I want to create 2 different campaigns, with same keywords but with different target locations.

I was thinking on setting as negative target location. I exclude London from the UK campaign.

Is there any problem doing that? I will compete with my own campaigns? How can I solve this?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Two different campaigns with same keywords but different location country and Its city

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Online C,

It is an example of a legitimate reason in your case if you wish to control the daily budgets separately for London and the rest of the UK. You are advised to exclude London from the UK campaign so that you can achieve the business goals associated with the segmentation in terms of geography. 

Under the above scenario there will be no competition between your keywords.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Online C,

It is an example of a legitimate reason in your case if you wish to control the daily budgets separately for London and the rest of the UK. You are advised to exclude London from the UK campaign so that you can achieve the business goals associated with the segmentation in terms of geography. 

Under the above scenario there will be no competition between your keywords.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for your response. I excluded London from the UK campaign.

The issue is when we are selecting London location our ads are showing but not showing for UK location in 'Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool' and also Google search.

'Honda City London'ads are showing

'Honda City UK' - ads are not showing

How can I solve this?

Thanks,

Re: Two different campaigns with same keywords but different location country and Its city

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Online C,

Remember to apply the geo-targeting options shown in the below snip.

Capture0may18a.JPG

As for the Preview tool, do not worry a lot about that at the moment. It's probably just a delay in synch-ing servers. Come back in a day or two if the issue persists.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already applied the geo-targeting.

Target:  People in my targeted location
Exclude: People in my excluded location

How can I solve this?

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Online C, everything seems fine. What do you wish to "solve"?

Lakatos