3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Two Separate Campaigns, Same Location Settings, Same Remarketing List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two campaigns with the same geographical targetting for differnet services, but the same ads. I have one standard remarketing list in my account. Do I need a remarketing adgroup in each campaign or is it overkill?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two Separate Campaigns, Same Location Settings, Same Remarketing L

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My first question is why do you have the same ads for different services? If you have different services then you should have different ads. One set for each service so you have more relevant ad copy.

However your real question is if it is overkill to create an adgroup in each campaign and my answer is yes.

If the geo targeting is the same and the ad messaging is the same then just setup remarketing in one adgroup...UNLESS you have other targeting settings layered into one campaign that are not in the other. i.e. Keywords, Interests/Topics, etc.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Basically, we're trying to get leads for two services which fall under similar categories. A lead could be for A, B or both A & B. I understand what you mean by relevant ad copy, but it's not a major concern as far as generating leads and it's ultimately not my call.

So, basically what you're saying is if I have a remarketing adgroup in campaign A for service A, then I don't need a remarketing adgroup for service B in campaign B. The one adgroup should suffice for that geo target?

Also, if I decide to ad other targeting methods with remarketing, would you recommend a separate adgroup to the adgroup that is strictly remarketing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If the audience lists are the same, the ad messaging is the same and the targeting is the same yes one campaign for remarketing makes sense.

yes, If you are going to start to layer in other targeting methods add a new group. i.e. Campaign A is Heating repair and Campaign B is Air Conditioning Repair. You may want to add a keyword target to the Air Conditioning campaign to align the ads with content around air conditioning vs just hitting everyone on the list everywhere they go. You may also find yourself having to segment if you wanted to implement frequency capping for a given campaign. There are too many scenarios to cover so you need to think them through completely. You may want to create multiple audience lists too. One list per service, or one list per time on site, or different lists with different cookie duration so you message people within the first 3 days really aggressively and then message people who are on the list from 4-7 days less aggressively and then message people on the list from 8-30 days with yet again different messaging or with capped impressions.

Lots of different strategies to consider which will make you have to think about the structure of your account.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'