AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Two Remarketing Campaings using Same list - any issues?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have two Remarketing Campaigns using the same list.

One campaign is standard remarketing - come back to us, etc. The other is more content syndication focused as this list is full of people interested in the topics on the website blog so we are putting out ads enticing poeople to come visit the blog

What is the interaction like here? How does Google AdWords decide which campaign to present when someone on the List is on a site where an Ad can be displayed to them?

What is the best practice here? If I want both Campaigns to serve ads to these Lists since the purpose is different should they be in separate Campaigns? Should they be in the same Camapign but different AdWords?

Thanks for your help, I am just a little unclear on how this works and what the best set-up is.

Please let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brent C
September 2015

Re: Two Remarketing Campaings using Same list - any issues?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brent C,

In the Display Network, more than one of your ads can show on the same page. If you want the possibility that both ads can show on the same page, I believe they need to be in separate ad groups or separate campaigns. In separate campaigns, you can set budgets and impression caps for each campaign. As separate ad groups, they both share the same budget and impression caps.

If what you want is to rotate the ads the user sees and use the same budget, make variations of your ads in the same group. You'll need variations of each size ad you create to get good rotation of the ads.

Let's say you place them in separate campaigns and set impression caps at 1 or 2 per day. for both campaigns. If the user triggers your ad more than the 1 or 2 impression cap, the other campaign ad will show.

Just a few ideas for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brent C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brent C,

In the Display Network, more than one of your ads can show on the same page. If you want the possibility that both ads can show on the same page, I believe they need to be in separate ad groups or separate campaigns. In separate campaigns, you can set budgets and impression caps for each campaign. As separate ad groups, they both share the same budget and impression caps.

If what you want is to rotate the ads the user sees and use the same budget, make variations of your ads in the same group. You'll need variations of each size ad you create to get good rotation of the ads.

Let's say you place them in separate campaigns and set impression caps at 1 or 2 per day. for both campaigns. If the user triggers your ad more than the 1 or 2 impression cap, the other campaign ad will show.

Just a few ideas for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Pete,

Thank you for the fast reply. That puts my mind at ease. I prefer to have them in separate campaigns but I was concerned that having two campaigns on the same list might mean that Google chooses which ad to show but never shows both.

So it sounds like having them in two campaigns like I have them is okay.