Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to improve the landing page load speed for mobiles

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As I am trying to improve the page load speed of a landing page for mobile traffic , I am getting some frustrating advice in the Google tool https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

The tool is telling me that the Google scripts on that page (remarketing/analytics,google business page badge) need fixing, but I have no control over that as they are placed on google sites.

Is google not aware of what their own scripts are doing to slow down pages or is it something I can modify in the google scripts to fix this type of problem ?

I want AdWords traffic to be improved for mobile visits as this site gets over 60% of traffic from mobiles.

landing-page-speed.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Trying to improve the landing page load speed for mobiles

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

It is certainly frustrating when the only thing left on your site to optimize is the Google scripts. There's not much you can do other than to defer scripts (Analytics asynch) or move the code (remarketing and badges) to below the fold so it doesn't interfere with showing the above the fold content. That should improve your scores.

In some cases, fluid design prevents you from optimizing the above the fold content. There are cases where a separate design for mobile devices is better than fluid or responsive design.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

It is certainly frustrating when the only thing left on your site to optimize is the Google scripts. There's not much you can do other than to defer scripts (Analytics asynch) or move the code (remarketing and badges) to below the fold so it doesn't interfere with showing the above the fold content. That should improve your scores.

In some cases, fluid design prevents you from optimizing the above the fold content. There are cases where a separate design for mobile devices is better than fluid or responsive design.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Got it , thanks.