2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to Improve QS

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In my google webmaster tool under "google index" there is "content keywords". I believe this is basically telling me the number of times I use certain words within my web site. (Is this correct?).

If this is correct, then if my "ad copy" used these words in the ad,  would that not make my ad copy more relevant, especially if the landing page used these words? Now if, I was able to have good "CTR" keywords that was in the ad copy also, would this be how I should be trying to right my ad's and picking my keyworks?

Thanks for your help

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Re: Trying to Improve QS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
In theory, yes. In practice, not so much. In WMT, it's the organic search indexing bot that crawls your website, in AdWords, it's the AdWords bot. They are different and they don't talk to each other. It's pretty much a black box to be honest. In some cases, it WILL make your ad copy more relevant and in some cases quite the opposite.

In a way, this is a good thing though. If you forget about that and focus on making your ads SUPER SUPER relevant, then your CTR goes up and by proxy, your CTR goes up.

Remember, users don't know what the content of your page is before they click. I hate to sound like a mouthpiece for Google but focus on the user first and forget about the bots and incremental tweaks. This will have the biggest impact on your bottom line and QS. It's a hard mentality to get into, it took me YEARS but it was worth it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello David;
Remember that the main component of QS is CTR; Work on your CTR, (the recommended methods: appealing /"alluring" ad-copy, relevant "tightly themed" keywords) and you will see a drastic change in QS.

Read more:

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi David,

If I want to simplify this, it is about having a great combination of relevance and influence. If you have a relevant ad copy that complements your keywords' selection and landing page content, then you are on the right path to influence your visitors. Hence, this combination of relevance and influence, will definitely add to improve your CTR and QS. Finally, we all want to see the conversion.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi David,

And in addition to awesome suggestions above, I would say take advantage of ad extensions also. Helps improve CTR and other stats in the account. Also Ad extensions and formats are now one of the component of Ad Rank calculations. Though CTR is still the MOST important factor.

Edited: As Pointed out by Adrian.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Where does it say that Ad extensions are "one of the component of Quality score calculations" ?

Last time I checked Ad extensions influence the ad rank directly and the QS indirectly as kindly explained by Cobnut here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Extra-charge-for-Ad-extensions/m-p/315797/...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian, thanks for pointing out. I meant Ad Rank only. I will Edit my answer!

@David: You can read more here: http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’