Guide Me
star_border

Triggering a business listing pin point of my business on maps in Google Search

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to ensure that a map with a pin point of my business listing appears when one of eight core keywords is searched every time, in every zip code, within a three state radius in Google Search? These eight keywords are activated in my Ad Words account as well as in the category fields in both my Google Maps/Places listing. As I am not sure what is responsible for triggering the map with a pinpoint of my business listing, I am mentioning where I have included these keywords, so anyone who may have an answer to this question can explain where and what is responsible for the triggering of these maps, and ensuring that a pin point of my business listing is included in every zip code within a three state radius. As of now, a map that includes a pin point of my business listing appears arbitrarily and includes a pin point of my business listing sometimes, but not 100% of the time, and not for all eight keywords. I see that it comes up for one, maybe two of these keywords at best from some zip codes I desire, but I want a map with a pin point of my business listing to come up every time, in every zip code within a three state radius for about eight keywords in total. Is this doable? Am I asking too much? Please respond. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LT
September 2015

Re: Triggering a business listing pin point of my business on maps in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again Jonathan,

If I talk about Location Extension cost, you are charged at the same rate of cost per click, just like the normal click to an ad.. However, you are not charged, if sombody clicks on that plus (+) button to view more information attached with the ad. See this for details.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Re: Triggering a business listing pin point of my business on maps in Google Search

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

From your post what i understood is you want to show map listing every time users search for 1 of 8 keywords from perticular Geo locations.

Here is solution

1. Create a separate campaign for these geo locations

2. Add location extension to that campaign and if your keywords have high Quality score then there is a possibility of map listing being shown on your ads

Ref : http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404182

Hope that helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello LT,

In addition to what Nik said above, I would like to add that Location extensions are shown by Google based on various scenarios which include user physically located near any of your business location or if the user has enquired using regional terms which matches your business location.

Also external factors does matter for eligibility to show Location extensions which includes Ad Rank, relevancy and your target settings.

You can refer to this article explaining Tips, best practices for Location Extensions.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for getting back to me. I have location extensions on ads with these keywords in Sponsored Links. Don't location extensions cost money versus having maps come up as I am proposing at no additional cost? Please advise. Jonathan

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for getting back to me. I have location extensions on ads with these keywords in Sponsored Links. Don't location extensions cost money versus having maps come up as I am proposing at no additional cost? Please advise. Jonathan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LT
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again Jonathan,

If I talk about Location Extension cost, you are charged at the same rate of cost per click, just like the normal click to an ad.. However, you are not charged, if sombody clicks on that plus (+) button to view more information attached with the ad. See this for details.

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Do you mean to say you want to have your listing in organic search results? if that is so i think you are posting in wrong forum

Regards

nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like it to come up in both. Can you suggest a forum where I may be able to pose the same question to someone that could address this question for organic search?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello LT,

For Google Places listing, post your query here.

For organic results and all, post your question here.

Pankaj