AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark infringement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have an ex employee that started a doing the same thing I do what is now using my name with his phone number on Adwords I have since trademark the name yet Google will not honor the trademark telling me that its generic name but it's still trade marked. I don't get it. I have made this complaint to Google 5 or 6 times with no luck
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark infringement

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Steve J, 

An ad can use a trademarked term in its text if either of these conditions is true: the ad text uses the term descriptively in its ordinary meaning rather than in reference to the trademark or, the ad is not in reference to the goods or services corresponding to the trademarked term.

So if your term can be considered "ordinary" it wouldn't be violating any policies. 

What is the term?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Orange Park Taxi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Term is Orange Park Taxi, which has been trademarked. and I would not have an issue except the person using my name to advertise is an ex employee. he is using it to tell people that he is me and that he uses it just as my name is written. not (taxi orange park) or (cab orange park) but you are allowing him to do it exactly as my trademark is written. and Google is the only search network that would not honor my trademark. Bing and Yp immediately took his ad down. so as of right now I am competing against my own name.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Steve,
I'll ask the AdWords team to look into this again for you as it is borderline term. Keep an eye out for an email from them.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the adwords team, did not help. they are not going to honor my trademark as the name is too generic. Regardless of it being generic the name is Trademarked!!!! so once again no help from Google!