AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking click data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my company is newer to getting extensive Google Analytics reporting set up-- I was wondering, what is the best way to track clicks and clicks during page sessions in Google Analytics? Do I need to have the Tag Manager set up in order to do this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren M
March 2017

Tracking click data

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for posting this issue here.

Yeah using of Tag Manager will work for you. It will help you in following aspects.

1. Auto-Event Triggers
Set a tag to fire based on certain on-site events — page views, clicks, form submissions, errors, timers, and more — without any extra code.

2. Click:
Set a tag to fire when a particular element is clicked — for example, when a user clicks the ‘buy now’ button or a link that leads away from your site.

3. Custom Event:
Set a tag to fire based on a custom logged event, such as a user watching a video on your site or scrolling to a certain point on the page.

4. Form Submission:
Set a tag to fire when a particular form is submitted — no additional code required.

5. Page View:
Set a tag to fire when a particular page is viewed, like when the page URL matches your thank-you page.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren M
March 2017

Tracking click data

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for posting this issue here.

Yeah using of Tag Manager will work for you. It will help you in following aspects.

1. Auto-Event Triggers
Set a tag to fire based on certain on-site events — page views, clicks, form submissions, errors, timers, and more — without any extra code.

2. Click:
Set a tag to fire when a particular element is clicked — for example, when a user clicks the ‘buy now’ button or a link that leads away from your site.

3. Custom Event:
Set a tag to fire based on a custom logged event, such as a user watching a video on your site or scrolling to a certain point on the page.

4. Form Submission:
Set a tag to fire when a particular form is submitted — no additional code required.

5. Page View:
Set a tag to fire when a particular page is viewed, like when the page URL matches your thank-you page.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

Tracking click data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help!