AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking IP Address of the visitors on my website

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I want to track the IP address of the visitors visiting my website? Can anyone suggest any tool as Google Analytics does not provide this feature.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking IP Address of the visitors on my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello. Your webserver does it by default, in your logs, but it depends what you want to do with it and how you want to link that to any other data related to that visit.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Visitor IP addresses are not disclosed by Google, be it Google Analytics or Google Adwords due to privacy policy. You can read the policy details here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The only way to track ip address of visitor of website is from web server logs....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently none of the above posters know about TIP, which is to say "Tracemyip".  Google it.  You place a tracker on your webpage  and it tracks all your visitors.  However, the free version comes with ads and those ads can be rather annoying at times.   You will have to decide if the free version is worth dealing with the pop up ads which are required to use their free version.  Another thing, its only free for a year ( I think), but you are simply update.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
There are enough and more tools and addon available throughout all kind of CMS's and other web systems to track the IP addresses of user and I'm sure above posters are knowledgeable enough to know that Smiley Happy

But when it comes to this kind of request people with sense wont be keep suggesting names of such tools because purpose of tracking the IP addresses are questionable. in most cases people use dynamic IP address so it actually doesnt matter but I always get this weird idea to head when person trying to track a IP address for "any kind of" reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's great: so Google knows the IPs of people who click through PPC like water but won't share it? Why: you can't generate independent revenue?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My best guess is Google doesn't want us to see how much malicious click fraud is going on through Adwords by competitors/bots.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This used to be available, but the new privacy thing? Crap: one can clearly tell it's a competitor clicking when you get three to five bounces to same product page within one minute. Theoretically: yes, site should capture but that's difficult and I need techs to do this and that can cost me more than the clicks. NOT ALL SITES can take the add-ins easily. Just irks me because this used to be available and then one could just block IP addresses in question. Seems to me that was avaialable until few months after paid product listings to "enhance feed quality" (and google revenues) because i recall blocking a few IP addresses of who I did find out were competitors.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Using the IP taker can we see the customer phone number or email id ? because i own a online store / market place and i see customer visiting but i cannot track them and request them their needs..... can you let me know how to proceed further ?