Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversion Values for Products Without Setting Up Ecommerce

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

​Hi,

If i have a online store and products with different values, how can i track conversions and different conversion values without setting up ecommerce? Or setting up ecommerce is the only option? I don't have a programming skills, so maybe there is as simple way to set up tracking.

Maybe somebody knows?

Cheers

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Did you check this documentation explaining how to set up transaction specific conversion values for product websites:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095947#website

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Arvis, 

While i strongly suggest you use e-commerce tracking - for any of a dozen reasons - you could also theoretically use Event tracking to track multiple types of conversions and include the values. For example: ga('send', 'event', 'Conversion', 'Conversion-Type-1', '15.50');

For more on event tracking see the following link: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events 

Let me know if this answers your question!

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I know that e-commecre tracking is much better, but isn't it hard to set up without a programming skills?

That online shop has a shopping cart, so basically i want Analytics or AdWords at this point, to send information to my account with total values, total conversions. Does setting up track transaction-specific conversion values will give me that information? And i don't understand, what i need to change in my AdWords conversion code, to be it transaction-specific conversion. I checked that article what pankaj1782 sent me, so basically what i need to do, i do everything what is in example in that article?

does it make any sense what i am writting? Smiley Very Happy 

-Arvis

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Arvis, 

It also depends on your ecommerce platform. Is it a custom coded website or are you using an ecommerce website like Shopify, Woo or Magento? Because many of those included the option to add ecommerce tracking automatically. 

A custom website will require some coding and work but can be easily outsources to someone who knows what they're doing. The work is no hard unless you have constantly changing products. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I think the best way for me will be to hire someone who knows this and maybe learn from him, because i don't want to break my clients webpage and experiment on it.

Joshua, thanks for your help and time, i appreciate it!

Now i know that i can ask my questions here and have a response!

-Arvis

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Arvis,

The easiest way is to use the AW conversion code and have your shopping cart fill in the conversion value. The conversion code goes on the thank you page. How you do that depends on your cart software. Look through your documentation, or see if you can find a plug-in that will do what you want.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords