4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Top Display Sites seem to al be .za

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received my monthly adwords performance review email and have noticed that my top performing display sites all seem to be African sites this month? 

Is there a reason for this or am I reading it wrong?. My campaign is set to a target location of the UK but across Google Search Networks.  I want to change my google search and diplay networks but am unsure whether I need to change both the Search & Display option and also the Networks tab, or if I just change the networks tab will that stop the ad showing on these African website which seem to be my top performing display sites?

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Top Display Sites seem to al be .za

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not sure if you have Google Search and Google Display Network combined together targeting a single campaign. If that's the case, then my first piece of advice would be to separate them and target them individually in 2 campaigns.

If your ad has got maximum exposure on African sites, then I would suggest you to look at how you have target Display Network. Look at the automatic placements and exclude the ones which are irrelevant. (http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454012)

With the introduction of Display Network Tab, you can go for the ad group level settings and tend to customize them using your own settings. You can include keywords for contextual based targets and can also include the placements where you want your ads to be displayed.

Use Placement Targeting Tool, Contextual targeting tool  to make the most out of GDN.

Read the optimization tips here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549129

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not sure if you have Google Search and Google Display Network combined together targeting a single campaign. If that's the case, then my first piece of advice would be to separate them and target them individually in 2 campaigns.

If your ad has got maximum exposure on African sites, then I would suggest you to look at how you have target Display Network. Look at the automatic placements and exclude the ones which are irrelevant. (http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454012)

With the introduction of Display Network Tab, you can go for the ad group level settings and tend to customize them using your own settings. You can include keywords for contextual based targets and can also include the placements where you want your ads to be displayed.

Use Placement Targeting Tool, Contextual targeting tool  to make the most out of GDN.

Read the optimization tips here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549129

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nice thoughts pankaj1782. I would try them as well.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@ californiafence, try them and come back to us for open discussion Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks to you both I will have a look and do what you have suggested. Yes it is one campaign and in settings I have both options google search and display network options. I will see if I can turn one off. Thanks again,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@DJackson, glad I could help a bit...