Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tools > Attribuiton in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I trying to pause keywords the right way and I need to analyse all the keywords in terms of conversions and assisted conversions. Meaning, my adgroup can have some kewyords with no conversions but maybe i should let them run, because they are assisting others.

I was trying to get that value from Tools > Attribuiton, but I notice the keywords in there are only the keywords with conversions, meaning I don't have all of keywords list i have in the adgroups.

1 - Where can I view this indicators for all the kewyords? Adding costum columns is the only way? 

2 - Why I can't see any indicators in GA? Do I must link the Adwords and Google accounts to get this indicators? I think I have some accounts that aren't linked and I can get indicators in GA, so I am asking.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes link the accounts.  There is new data available within the past couple months in GA that will help.  If you're seeing a bunch of Not Sets  that is part of the problem. Linking accounts will solve a good bit of them.  Plus you will see the view through data and some other things that will help you optimize.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Do you have any assisted conversions reporting at all, at any level of the account? If not, then you may just not have any assisted conversions to report.

If you are using AdWords conversion code, then those conversions will not report in analytics. You have to setup goals in analytics to get any conversion data in analytics.

Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@tomhalejr

I go to Tools > Attribution and run the report. My doubt is that I only have value for KW with conversions.

Besides the questions I mentioned above, my problem is where can see if keywords that have clicks are assisting the keywords with conversions? In Tools > Attribution I only get keywords with conversions!
So, kw with conversions, at a first sight, should no be paused. But, keywords with clicks should be paused, only if they are assisting other kwyrods with conversions.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Anyone, please!?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@João M;

It's not a clear cut answer, You should analyze the whole funnel and check which keywords assisted  to achieve  for the conversions.

The goal is to convert. So even if the CTR is low, or low QS, yet the keyword   leads to a conversion - keep it.

Read more about assisted conversions;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV

I think I did not make myself clear.
In adwords if I have keywords with impressions and clicks, but no conversions (either direct or assisted), how can I analyse if this keywords are assisting others with conversions (direct or assisted)?
I want to do this anlyse so I can pause or not the keywords, for example. Am I thinking right?

NOTES:
I have a conversion tracking implemented via GTM, but I don't have Adwords linked with Analytics, cause I can't (internal reasons).

Via Adwords Tools >Attribution I only get the keywords with conversions.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@João M:

The article I linked covers the topic. 

Again, it requires a full analysis of the user funnel. This can be done only with the help of Analytics.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The clarification helps and I feel your pain with not being able to link accounts.  What is your assisted window set at? They just made a change reduces the window from 30 days to one day.  So I would check that.  I think it's pretty safe to assume that if you don't see assisted or last click you can dump those keywords.  I do understand you are on the fence about it and we have all been there.  Your gut says one thing but the numbers say another.  What I do is pause the ones in question and then watch it like a hawk over the next few days.  Look at all your numbers.  CTR, CPA, and click value.  Also, watch your direct conversions in Analytics. A lot of times pausing something on the paid side can dump your direct conversions.  A display campaign can do that pretty quickly.  Just pause and watch.  

If your number stay within your normal fluctuations then you can leave them off.  IF your numbers drop then turn them back on.  Come back here and let's see if we can figure out how to weed the losers out if that happens.   How long is your conversion cycle? If it's long like B2B is sometimes we might need to look at a different KPI to determine if those keywords are gold or garbage.

Tell the powers that be that you need data to save them money.  Not hooking to analytics from AdWords is costing them every day.  There are things I see with a couple clicks in Analytics that take hours to find in AdWords with big campaigns. They won't listen but tell them every time they complain about the cost of a lead.  Getting AND understanding the data is what separates good campaigns from GREAT ones.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV

OK. But isn't there any other way to do that analysis via Adwords only? I ask this because I cannot link the account, so the client don't get information on everything.

And to wrap up:
Via Adwords, if I see that I have Keywords with clicks and impressions, but no assisted conversions or direct conversions (I see this via attribution columns) is it "secure" to pause them, for example?

Today I will take a look to the link you send. Thanks!