Guide Me
star_border

Today, i got the 1 conversion in Google Adwords conversion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello

What is the problem ?

Today, i got the 1 conversion in Google Adwords conversion tag and showing the same in adword campaign also. But in Google analytics it shows the conversion through Organic Medium.

I am confuss,  where is the problem.

Pls suggess what i shound be considered. As a CPC or Organics

and why thats heppened ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Today, i got the 1 conversion in Google Adwords conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Kernel,

There could be many reasons for that...

Adwords Conversion tracking and Google Analytics works on different principles. Conversion Tracking will show you the Conversion considering the click data that means when somebody clicked on it.

And Analytics will attribute it to the visit when the user visited your website and converted.

There is a difference between click and visit.

Also Adwords cookie last for 30 days and Analytics cookie varies from 6 months to 2 years.

Lastly, there is a possibility that Adwords is not correctly linked with Analytics. In that case, everything will be treated as organic. So, make sure you have auto tagging on and both are correctly linked.

I would also suggest you to wait for the data to get refreshed and do not look at the recent time data because sometimes data collection takes time and discrepancies could occur as you are finding.

Look at this for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if a user searches for a query then clicks on your PPC advert and goes to your site, does not purchase at that moment, but returns say, after one hour or a week later thru organic search or whatever, AdWords will register the conversion back on the first date and attribute the sale to AdWords. Analytics on the other hand tracks ‘last touch' meaning that if a user were to perform a search, click an ad, visit the site, leave, then come back a week later, Analytics would attribute that search to organic or other sources, unless they did a search and clicked on an ad again.this is because Adwords cookies last for 30 days where as Analytics cookies last for 6 months to 2 years! This of course means that if a visitor converted 31 days after clicking on an AdWords ad, the conversion won't be reported in AdWords but will be counted in Google Analytics!

hope it helps

Shazen 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Pankaj and shazen

For your valuable information.

That is my first conversion in this campaign. may be i need to wait for data update. And 4 days before, i tested the process like: click on ads then go to landing page then download the software. Every thing is ok.

Thanks 

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kernelm,

You definitely need to wait for more data in order to analyse the impact. Check this helpful Help Center article that should give  you an overview of conversion tracking reports.

Best of luck,

Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Today,  i have seen on 20th june Google adword conversion report show 1 conversion and in Google analytics also how 1 conversion in conversion tab. but the problem is, when i checked the medium in analytics report is shows Organic .

Till date i got 3 conversion from google adword tabs and but in analytics 0 from cpc but it show 2 from organics and 1 from referal.  Anybody sugges what could be the problem.

My conversion is Download Software. In many cases , user download the software today and purchased the software after 2 weeks or 5 days later.

thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi kernel,

Did you check if your AdWords and Analytics accounts are properly linked as Pankaj suggested?

Pankaj: "Lastly, there is a possibility that Adwords is not correctly linked with Analytics. In that case, everything will be treated as organic. So, make sure you have auto tagging on and both are correctly linked."

Karl

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it is linked correctly because i have tested my tracking by clicking on the ppc ads. I shows correctly on both side.

Could you please clear me :

if any user click ppc ads on 1 june and download the software after that go away. On dated 10th june, user would statisfied with the software working, Now he make up the mind to purchase the software. There are 2 ways to purchase the software.

1. Every software EXE having a buy link. User click on the link and directly go to the buy page and completed the checkout process.

2. User go to the Google and found our site from Google organic results. and purchased the software.

How Google analytics treat on both points.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Kernel,

To my understanding, Adwords and Analytics will behave differently in both the cases. (It's my opinion and it could differ from others, which is most welcome).

Here it is:

if any user click ppc ads on 1 june and download the software after that go away. On dated 10th june, user would statisfied with the software working, Now he make up the mind to purchase the software. There are 2 ways to purchase the software.

1. Every software EXE having a buy link. User click on the link and directly go to the buy page and completed the checkout process.

Now Adwords Conversion Tracking cookie lasts for 30 days. So as per your hypothetical example, Adwords will record the Conversion happening in first case.

2. User go to the Google and found our site from Google organic results. and purchased the software.

Google Analytics always credit the conversions and goals to the last interaction. So in second case, Analytics will attribute the purchase to Google Organic and not Google(CPC).

In order to understand how different channels work, I would strongly encourage you to go through the Multi-Channel Report under Google Analytics. It will show you various channels which club together to complete purchase orders for your website.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj