2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tips for national campaign for single local location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all.  I've run a few local campaigns but now I'm trying to run a national (US) campaign, however the results are for a single local location (local corporate housing/extended stay apartments).

Right now I have my campaign running and for keywords I have:

city ST keyword1
city ST keyword2

and so on, to make sure the City and State get included...but I'm getting almost no impressions.  Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tips for national campaign for single local location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris, welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

Do you want a national Campaign where you want clicks on your Ads to direct people to a page on your website that's relevant to the city and state they're searching on?  So, for example, if I searched for "apartment in houston", your Ad would appear and a click on the Ad would take me to a page showing apartments in Houston?

Regardless of the above, I suspect your problem is that you're asking for too precise a Keyword.  You don't say what match type you're using but I'd guess it's not simple Broad.  

Can you give us some more details and we'll try and help.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Tips for national campaign for single local location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically I have a small local apartment (one location) and I want to do US advertising so that if anyone search for:

Cleveland TN corporate apartments (as an example search term)

they will find this ad, however the ads are not showing because of low search volume.  I'm using a broad search but all keywords start with Cleveland TN.  I'm wondering if there is a way to get more impressions and hits than what I'm doing, or is it just a matter of finding the right keywords?